SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bob_neal75

Input on New Pool?

Bob Neal
8 years ago

Just found this site while I was doing research on a new pool, so first time poster....

I had quotes for 9 pool builders, boiled down to a couple and now in final discussions with our builder of first choice. Builder has 29 years experience (same area) and is smaller scale builder (1,000 pool installs, with 2-3 pools concurrently under construction phases). Contacted several references including person who is in the midst of building now and person who had pool installed 4 years ago. All were very positive on this builder, including post build. Builder has some inhouse staff, but will contract out work as well. I would value any input as we finalize the quote / contract with builder to hopefully avoid any big mistakes.

Pool is free form, approx 14.5 x 30 or 345 sq ft (3.5' to 5'). Decking is 800 sq ft with thick tumbler pavers. Will have screen enclosure w/10' walls, 2 doors and gutters. Price is just south of $40K. Located in Tampa area (so really looking forward to this for summer).

1. Includes sunbed, bubbler and umbrella stand
2. Marquis Quartz finish (several builders noted this is their recommended finish, with good balance between durability and cost. They would do pebble finish but had no feedback that pebble would be more durable.

1. One color LED light
    4. 3 returns + skimmer and dedicate line for pool sweep and overflow (I'm considering auto-fill, but currently not in proposal)
    5. 2 drains
    6. Hayward EcoStar Variable Speed pump, Hayward 60SF DE StaRite filter, and salt system IC40
    7. Includes Pentair MX6 pool sweep (I was leaning toward Hayward but builder has found Hayward doesn't work as well at low pump RPM so offers this or Hayward)
    8. Raised back (12"), two step-up deck, with two 18" sheer decents

Warranty:

1. 20 year structural
2. 10 year underground plumbing and quartz finish
3. 3 years parts/labor on Hayward equipment and salt system
4. 2 years on bull nose brick, tile and deck settling

Initial drawing. Pool equipment will be moved to side of house and will have the 'humps' at the area near the home smoothed out a bit for better flow. Includes bench in shallow and deep end, plus sunbed/steps in shallow.

Anything look glaringly wrong with proposal? I'm considering travertine for decking, but have read pro/con of both. Currently drive and walks are pavers, so thinking pool will blend better with paver decking.

Comments (12)