SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
funkyart_gw

Can these new purchases work together?

funkyart
15 years ago

I made two impulsive but bargain purchases this week..and now I am wondering if they will actually work well together. I would love to use the chair in my LR but the white frame won't work.

I have bought a number of duvets and shams in order to mimic the staged bed below. I will have one less layer and no skirt but the top duvet will be the same and I will have the duvet with the crochet trim and one with the larger ruffle. For now, I will use a duvet with the larger ruffle as the bed skirt (ie. I will place it between the mattress and box spring). I worked with the linens' designer on the phone and we agreed that we'd like to try the bed without an actual skirt. She didnt think a skirt would work nicely with the frame and it would better show off the pretty feet. I can add one later, if needed.

This is a chair I bought .. also over the phone. It is at a consignment shop in MD. It was under $300 so I thought it was enough of a bargain to take a chance on but now I am wondering if it was a good choice. It is darker than the linens I bought and has more contrast than the soft creams/whites in the bedding. It is a great consignment shop with lots of pieces I will like when I actually get there (next weekend) so I am fairly confident I could trade the chair for other pieces if it isnt going to work. Would a delicate white pillow pull it into the look?

{{!gwi}}

For those who have been following along, I will be using linen voile curtains with tie top tabs rather than the bosporus toile. I got a good price on them and they are from the same linen company. I was hoping to use the same smocked curtains that show in the image above but they dont sell them anymore. I WILL use the bosporus toile-- it is going in the LR and I just love it there as it softens the room and adds a subtle texture/pattern which the room needed.

Comments (31)