SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caflowerluver

Don't you hate it when repair people show up late! (vent)

caflowerluver
16 years ago

I have always hated waiting around for repair or service people to show. They never seem to show up on time, if at all. That is why we do most repairs ourselves and only hire out when we have to do so.

This morning the septic tank pump truck was suppose to show up at 8AM. DH wanted to go over some points with them because it is in a tricky spot so things didn't get damaged. At 8:45 they are still not here and he has to leave to drive (hopefully an hour) to a 9:30 meeting.

They show up at 9AM. A couple of really young surfer dudes dressed in ragged clothes (I admit I would wear that too if I was working on septic systems) with tattos and piercings. I have nothing against their appearance, am use to it living here. But remember when service people wore their company's uniform and were neat in appearance and polite. I guess they are the only ones they can get to do the job.

We had called the office at 8:45 and cancelled because DH had to leave. So called the office again to tell them that they showed up and I told them to leave. The woman who answered was rather snoty. She started off with, "Oh you're one that cancelled last minute." I said they were late. She said we can't control traffic,etc. And I said when I have a DRs appt accross town, I make sure I leave in plenty of time and she cut me off. She said she couldn't get ahold of them to tell them it was cancelled because there is no cell service where I live and hung up.

I would not use this outfit again. First of all, they have a rotten attitude and customer service. And DH will have to be here if 20 yr olds are doing it so that he can supervise and make sure they don't break something.

I am just so tired of this being the norm!

Clare

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH