SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momto4boys_gw

Pics of almost finished boy's room

momto4boys
16 years ago

I posted a few wks ago about furniture placement, etc. for this room.

Well, it's pretty much finished, so I thought I'd post some pics.

We still need to paint the bed and the desk. I'm just fried. The desk also came in a distressed kind of black. But, it was like $60 more. I went cheap, and bought the antique white instead. I'm sure paint and time and effort will be twice that, lol. But the distressed black wouldn't have worked well, either. And the boys could care less what color it is now. They're just happy to have a desk in there.

Also want to do something with the tv. I mentioned in the other post it was my grandpa's console tv, and my mother gave it to the boys a few months ago. They were THRILLED to have it, because it was great-grandpa's. So, no matter how ugly that thing is, it's staying :) I'd like to try to paint it, too. Some day. But, it's not high on the priorty list.

Up until a couple months ago, this room was my 4 and 6 yr old's. They're the ones that picked the red. BEGGED me for it. But, then everyone decided to switch rooms. Little guys could care less about leaving the red, once they found out they could get bunk beds :)

It's hard to decorate in any kind of "theme" when you have boys 9 and 11 that are polar opposites. One, a bit of a nerd, lol. Loves pokemon. The other, skate boarding. So, it's a mix of everything.

Comments (8)