SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
molly_phillips5546059

Are your pendants a focal point in your kitchen?

Molly Phillips
11 years ago

I've discovered my obsessive personality once I started spending hours researching every.little.thing. about kitchen choices and I need some perspective.

I'm nearing the end of our reno but still need to pick out backsplash, pendants and stools and I'm stuck. Part of it is because I'm decision weary, but I'm also budget weary as well. Still, I'm obsessing over these pendants - at $250 each (and I need 3). I know there are less expensive options out there but I keep coming back to these.

So help me with perspective. Are pendants something I'm going to notice every day and think "wow, glad I spent the money there!" or are they going to fade in the background and I'm going to think "wow, should have saved that money and put it somewhere else!"

FWIW, I'm jealous of those of you who chose a great backsplash first and designed around it, rather than playing it safe and choosing a neutral palette (in my case, taupey-gray quartz and white shaker cabinets) and then getting stuck when you want to add in personality. As a non-designer, I can't figure out where to add it in without looking like I tried too hard and it ends up looking random, rather than cohesive.

p.s. I can't figure out how to imbed a photo taken directly from a website using my Mac, so my apologies for making you click a link. But please do. Also, if you have any cheaper alternatives based on what you see here, please post!

Here is a link that might be useful: Clarity Pendants by WAC

Comments (21)