SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caflowerluver

I am off to get my knee drilled.

caflowerluver
16 years ago

I was in on 3/31 for a consultation at Stanford. All this has been going on since my fall 1/1/08. I have had a dozen xrays, bone scans, MRIs and they still don't know what it is they are seeing. So have to get a core biopsy. That is where they drill a hole about the thickness of a pencil in the side of my knee into the bone, go in and get a sample then plug it back up. If it is benign then they will do a later surgery to remove it and fill it up a bone like material. And if it is not, then we will discuss options later.

I have to go in this afternoon for a pre-operative appt., do all the paperwork and talk to the anesthesiologist. They will set up the surgery then for the next day. It might be the first surgery at 7:30AM because mine is so quick. That means I would have to report to the hospital at 5:30AM! So we are staying at the townhouse. It is scheduled as an outpatient surgery but they put down an over night stay in case of complications or pain management.

Not looking forward to this at all! Wish me luck and send good thoughts, prayers and vibes. It is probably much to do about nothing, but just in case.

Thanks.

Clare

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH