SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
azzalea_gw

Well, that takes the Cake

azzalea
16 years ago

My dd's boyfriend lost his grandfather this week.

The grandfather was in hopice for a week or so. His scattered family all flew in to spend time with him. Luckily, he was still alert enough to talk to them, to enjoy their last visit. It's basically been a vigil by his bedside.

DD--a very good-hearted soul--decided to send in some soup and bagels for the family from her favorite place. I knew she'd done it, because we were on the phone, back and forth, the day she ordered it. She arranged that the food be delivered to them at the hospital, annonymously. She ended up telling her boyfriend, just because she wanted to make sure it HAD arrived, but swore him to secrecy.

Get this--last night, she took a pan of baked ziti up to his family. And while there, BF's father got her aside and quietly said 'thank you'. She thought he was thanking her for the ziti and answered accordingly. He said, well, for that, too--but I meant what you did at the hospital, sending in the food.

She started to get all annoyed, because BF wasn't supposed to tell anyone. His dad quickly explained. Get this!

The black sheep uncle--who has made this whole ordeal much more difficult than necessary--was going around telling everyone that HE suppled the food. BF was livid, and got his dad aside to tell him. Apparently, even when confronted with his lie, the uncle wouldn't even back down. What a creep. And really--what kind of idiot would you have to be to do that? Obviously, whoever sent the food knew the family well. Didn't he imagine they'd eventually hear that he was taking credit, and set everyone straight?

Comments (7)