SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mbaldwin577

Washer drain, and other DWV q's

Michael Baldwin
14 years ago

Okay, I am remodeling a bathroom, well a whole addition, that was built badly. Right now I am working on getting the DWV roughed in so I can have the spray insulation installed.

Where I live, I do not need to have any of my work inspected, so I can do whatever I want. I am not going to do that though, I want my work to pass an inspection, if at a later date I sell the house and the buyers have it inspected, and to make sure things work properly.

I want my washer drain about 42 inches off the floor, which is fine for my washer specs. I have read that the standpipe should be 18-30 inches long, then a trap. I currently have a front loader, Duet, washer, is a shorter or longer standpipe better. I was thinking of going with a 24 inch long one. I gather my washer drain will need to be vented as well. It will be about 16 foot away from where the main stack will be, there is not even a main stack, the people that built the addition didn't put one in. The washer drain is going to run straight south 8 feet to meet up with a bathroom sink drain, then run straight west 8 foot to meet up with the main drain. Can I vent the washer and bathroom drain together, put the vent by the bathroom sink, run it up to the attic, then over to the main vent stack. I only want one roof penetration if possible.

Do I need a clean out below the trap on the washer drain?

Thanks,

Michael

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022