SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kevinmp_gw

Like them or hate them, the fringed drapes are up in the bedroom

KevinMP
11 years ago

Most people liked the plan, but there were a few dissenters. I know some of you still have issues with the quilt (whiteness and/or lack of formality), but I'm still looking for a duvet that I like. Anyhow, I finally got around to hanging the rod 2.5" taller so that the drapes just hit the floor, and I took out the cheap vinyl blinds that were in the windows on either side of the french doors so that it looks more uniform and so that you can see the mullions through the sheers. I definitely like that aspect way more now, and I just close the drapes if I need more privacy. I got the brass-tone telescoping reading light at the Restoration Hardware Outlet for $129 on sale, which was a good deal. My new Stickley bedside chest (which will match the dresser) should be in in a few weeks, and then I will be moving the bed over a few inches to accommodate it, getting rid of the nightstand by the window and moving the reading light over to that side of the bed.

Flash (a little distorting and makes the drapes look like they're not as close to the wall color as they in fact are and makes the bedding look whiter than it actually is), but was necessary because I get a ton of light in the first half of the day:

No flash (dark because of the light):

Comments (37)