SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kevinmp_gw

Living Room Drapes - These Will Be Polarizing, But I Like Them

KevinMP
11 years ago

I'm sure this will be polarizing, and if you want to tell me you don't like them, go right ahead. Just know that I won't change them based upon your comments because I like them and they're non-refundable since from the RH outlet.

They're RH vintage velvet in cayenne, which is a coralish brick red. The ceilings in this room are a disaster. Nothing is level besides the window trim, but you cannot use that as a guideline because the ceiling and exposed beams are not, so you'd end up with rods of two different heights. (These joists would likely have been hand hewn on site nearly 200 years ago, so I cannot really complain.) Needless to say, a bit of extra drilling. But I'm pleased with the results. I've been waiting for a while to find something, and stumbled across these today at the RH outlet while looking for a new lampshade for that RL lamp in my bedroom and another bedside sconce. No luck on the shade and sconce (everything was polished nickel or oil rubbed bronze, and I want the natural brass). But these drapes were 60% off because the color is discontinued.

The whole vibe I was going for in this room was cozy/intimate and dark, and these really help with that. Now I just need to get this damn chair up here... That'll be another day.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

With flash, which distorts the colors a bit, too (the drapes are not brown, e.g.):

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (48)

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer