SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arlosmom

Yeah, it's laundry in the basement. But...

arlosmom
11 years ago

...I'm trying to make it the nicest basement laundry that I can, given my constraints.

We are currently finishing our basement to add a rec room and a bathroom. As part of that, we've moved the laundry location. It used to be right in the middle of the back wall, not in any defined space. It's now located in a wide hallway that leads from the main basement to the part of the basement that's under the house's addition.

We're in the homestretch and I'm getting pretty excited. The new washer and dryer got installed last week, and our contractor just installed my folding counter, lights and shelves. Here's our starting point with the washer and dryer in their original location (future rec room):

After some reworking of the ducts, the machines were moved to this space...before (the window on the right is in the soon-to-be-completed bathroom, in the shower):

after:

I'm (im)patiently waiting for the plumber to come and install my cool vintage utility sink which will have a wall mounted faucet and a shelf above for soap, bleach, etc.:

Across the hall from the machines used to look like this:

But now it looks like this:

Here's a long shot. The bathroom is the doorway on the left and the furnace area is the doorway on the right. Straight ahead is the part of the basement that is under our kitchen addition.

I still have a few details to work out and will be asking for help with a few of them. I hope I didn't bore you all with my space. I'm just excited and wanted to share!

Comments (30)