SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lauren0319

Buying furniture 'online' to save quite a bit of money?

lauren0319
13 years ago

So I'm ready to order the rest of my bedroom collection- Bernhardt's Vintage Patina. I'll be ordering 4 pieces; 2 night stands, a dresser, and a chest. 2 separate local stores have quoted me ~$4,800. I have found 2 "online" stores that are about $1K less. One is Basista... I have ordered from them before and did not have any problems at all. Their quote is $3,880. (delivered to my bedroom.) However, I would have to wait until July to get it.

The second is MK Home Design- their quote is $3,765- the lowest I have found!!! They ship directly from the manufacturer and ship when the items are in stock. So I would get the nighstands and chest by the end of May and the dresser in the beginning of July.

I have read horror stories about buying both online AND in-store. I am slightly wary of ordering from a company I have never heard of... BUT I will put it on my platinum AmEx.... and inspect all furniture before I accept it. If it is damaged, I will refuse shipment. I will not accept anything that is not in perfect condition. wdyt? Has anyone heard of MK Home Designs? (out of Florida?) A thousand dollars is a LOT of money and I think worth it.

Any thoughts?

Here is a link that might be useful: MK Home Design

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County