SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
harriethomeowner_gw

Do you think it's safe ...

harriethomeowner
16 years ago

... to leave our kitties alone together in the house all day now? We've had them for a little over 2 weeks. Up to now, we've been keeping them in separate rooms when we've been at work. With the holiday, they have had the run of the house for the past 5 days, but we've been in and out (mostly in) during that time.

They have been roaming the house and even occasionally sitting together in the same room without seeming tense or upset. They usually pass by each other without incident. They are able to sit side by side and eat peacefully. The only thing that gives me pause is the occasional hissing/growling interaction when one of them gets in the other's face the wrong way. I've seen Max, the big male, go after Jeannie, the smaller female, in a somewhat menacing way, and once saw him swat at her when she was passing by. They have chased each other around a bit, but I wonder if they are just trying to play. I would hate for either of them to get hurt.

They are both very sweet kitties, with completely different personalities. We are done giving them medications, and they seem to be calming down and settling in.

Comments (10)