SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
doonie_gw

Outdoor Wok & outdoor kitchen?

doonie
14 years ago

Is it a worthwhile splurge? I like to stirfry, but I don't like the grease splattering and I'll like it even less when the kitchen is done. We are having a covered 9 ft straight outdoor "kitchen" built at the same time as our other remodeling. It will be against the house with the long wall against a brick surface. The left side will be open to the yard and the right side will abut a wall with a kitchen window. We will be having appropriate ventilation over the grill.

We are planning a single bowl sink and a 36" grill. I am still not sure on the ideal counter surface outside. We will be using indoor refrigerator. For stir frys, I would do all my prep work inside and then carry it out to the wok. It would probably be around 12 to 15 steps between the indoor prep and the outdoor cooking area.

I have put so much time into the indoor area, that I am having a hard time with the outdoor area. Minimum cabinets would be one beneath the sink, one beneath the grill and a trash cabinet. Do I need drawers? We can use the refrigerator inside, so I don't see the need for an outdoor refrigerator. Is there anything else?

This is the wok burner I found at Kalamazoo. It is 32,000 BTU's. Is that too scary? Would it be too tedious because of the distance to prep area?

Comments (11)