SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
datdog

Some of my fosters over the summer *pic*

Datdog
17 years ago

For those of you looking to add a dog to your home consider adoption. Many purebred dogs end up in animal shelters dumped like garbage. Here are a few that spent some time with me before being adopted. The beauty of adopting a dog from a foster home is that the foster family gets to know each dog that they have. We know if they are good with kids, cats, dogs, strangers, all their little quirks we figure out. Then we use that information to place the dog/cat in a home that is best suited for both animal and adopter.

Lucky- A 9 month golden that came from a hoarder. He lived in a basement in a crate. He spent 4 days in ICU he was so emaciated the vet said he had only hours to live. He made a full recovery and has been adopted to a wonderful home.

{{gwi:2031951}}

Simon- A 3 year old Pekinese He came from a home where he was only allowed outside once a day to go to the bathroom. A 11 year old girl was in charge of his care. He adored kids but took some time to trust and like adults. He was adopted to a very wonderful lady.

{{gwi:2031953}}

The toy in his mouth was his security blanket.

Prince He came from the hoarder who had Lucky. He is a long hair Chihuahua. His new home is with a older lady. He's a total lap dog now. He lived his whole life on a wooden deck exposed to both heat and cold.

{{gwi:2031955}}

Lucy Lived in a cage her whole life with two other dogs. Had little to no human contact. She is still with me learning that people are good. She will be adopted when she comes around some more. She's a tiny little thing weighing in at 4.5lbs.

Maggie A Chihuahua/Yorkie mix. A small dog with a big attitude. Poor girl had some serious issues. She was adopted out to my mom.{{gwi:2031958}}

There are several more including my last guy. A 11 month old lab with papers dumped at the local kill shelter. He was going to be put down due to kennel cough. Our rescue took him in and got him well. He was adopted out last week to a wonderful family where he will get the training he needs to become a wonderful dog.

I must include a picture of BIG Kitty 16lbs of cat- he was left behind in a house when the owner moved. This lady had 18 cats and two cat boxes. The smell in the house would knock you over. He was one of my most favorite fosters I've ever had. I adore this cat and would have kept him if I didn't have three of my own cats. I still miss him. He was adopted to a home where he is the one and only feline and he's loving life.

{{gwi:2031959}}

Comments (19)