SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
peegee_gw

Sliding quilt -any one else have this problem?

peegee
11 years ago

Recently removed my footboard, and cannot put it back until repaired (although was hoping to figure out how to use the headboard w/o it as room is small). At the same time, purchased a quilt which does NOT at all stay in place; it slides all over. This one replaces a 100% cotton quilt which did move around some but not as much, and is over the same sheets and down blanket. I use the top cover when sleeping which makes this so frustrating, as this new 80% cotton, 20% polly one is ALL over the place and often ends up partly on the floor. To make it worse, the matching standard shams, which I drove to another part of my state to get as none of the home stores anywhere near had any, are mismarked and mislabled and are really queen sized... my pillows are just lost inside these cases, so now I need bigger pillows! The first week or so, the movement just surprised me, in the last couple weeks I've been trying to get used to it because I adore the quilt's pattern and colors, but it has suddenly dawned on me that I don't think I can tolerate this much longer. Is it because my footboard is off, or could the 20% polly make the difference?? Has no one else ever had this problem? I don't remember ever hearing anyone else ever complain about sliding quilts. Don't want to complain to the store about the quilt and try to return it if it's the missing footboard that's the problem. On the other hand, hate to replace the footboard and find still have the problem - and too late to do anything about the quilt....?

Comments (7)