SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ricklish

Fabric Choices... HELP!

16 years ago

** I apologize in advance for this long post! **

Well, I'm graduating from the remodeling thread to the Home Dec thread and I need help! We are doing a kitchen/dining room remodel and it's time to pick fabrics. I plan to make the window treatments myself. I have consulted with one professional decorator and two window treatment shops and this is what I have so far. I could really use some help pulling it all together... so here goes:

The style I'm going for is traditional country, kinda like grandma's kitchen. White painted cabs, oak hardwood floors, brick wall, beadboard, soapstone counters, apron sink - you get the idea. I'm not froufy(?) like French Country, but not into geese either. Simple, traditional, casual, homey.

So here is the eating area, the walls are Behr Desert Camel:

{{gwi:1657393}}{{gwi:1657395}}

Another view of the kitchen. The white walls will have more cabinets on them, and a beadboard backsplash matching the cabinets.

{{gwi:1657396}}

{{gwi:1657398}}

Oh yeah... and the island is blue!

So, I'm looking for fabrics with a vintage-y feel to them, that look like they've been around awhile, washed or tea-stained.

Two I like so far are Kasmir Tinker in Eggshell:

{{gwi:1657400}}

And Fabricut Effusive in Dresden:

{{gwi:1657402}}

It all has to play nicely with the FR (painted in Wethersfield Moss)

{{gwi:1657404}}

I'd like to do a Pate Meadows Cuff Top Valance over the large window, a drape on the slider, a valance over a roman shade at the sink window and a four-inch cushion on the window seat under the decorative glass window (which will be left alone at least initially).

Any other fabric suggestions? I'd like to keep at least a splash of blue in the fabrics and not overdue the red. I also need coordinating fabrics for the cuff lining and a window seat cushion.

Then on to the Dining Room which has walls that are Harvest Brown and a tin ceiling:

{{gwi:1657406}}{{gwi:1657408}}

{{gwi:1657409}}{{gwi:1657410}}

For this I've got two very different fabric ideas, the first Porto Santo is a sheer linen background with an embroidoidered tulip pattern on it. There will be a black hutch in the Dining Room with an distressed oak stained dining table.

{{gwi:1657411}}

The other is more French Country-ish. It is Cherrington by Robert Allen (sorry the pic is a bit blurry.)

{{gwi:1657412}}

This all has to play nicely with the foyer, which is... you guessed it... blue! BM Mineral Alloy to be exact.

{{gwi:1657413}}

Whew! You made it through my super-long post. Any help/comments would be appreciated. Also any other fabric or trim suggestions are welcome too! Thank you for reading!!

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH