SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sweetchastity

Ways to control pet hair in my home

sweetchastity
15 years ago

I don't usually see the hair because it doesn't stand out but I know its there. With two sheppards my parent's place was always full of hair and I want to avoid that in my home. Decreasing shedding from my cats' will help but I honestly don't know if its possible to manage cat hair and if so how to. When I look at my bed and see hairs on the comforter is this normal? Do I need to sweep/vacuum daily? Dust once a week or more often?

I remember seeing a show that said to control dust a person should: vacuum once a week, leave a window open for half an hour once a week, and have the carpets cleaned professionally every 6 months. I don't want to become the hair police and be constantly cleaning (except the kitchen) but I haven't had pets in a long time so I don't really know what is a normal amount of hair to find in my home and when I need to do more to manage it. With pets there will be hair but finding hair in my food at mom's was gross and I'd like to avoid that in my home. I have no problem pulling a stray hair out of my food but I don't want to gross out other people. Can anyone offer any idea of home maintenance that is reasonable and an idea of what amount of hair is normal to find in a home?

Comments (9)