SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flatcoat2004

Weird feeling

16 years ago

I don't know what's going on with me ... my new cabinets arrived yesterday and they are ... fine. I sweated bullets while the contractor unpacked them and put them in place (I have a 14' run between two new walls which are 14'2.5" apart. I died inside several times, but it all seems to fit. Barely :-)

But I just feel kind of sad today. The floors look ... fine (although not finished). I have no idea what's going on. Maybe the image in my mind was far more glamorous than the reality is turning out ? Maybe I am running out of things to research and analyse and obsess over, and I am missing that ? Maybe living in a constantly changing space and being invaded on a daily basis is taking its toll ? It's like I've moved into "resignation phase" from the "hopeful phase" ? I'm not mad or angry, just kind of sad.

Just wanted to vent, in case anyone else has felt something similar. I am generally a pretty "even-keel" kind of person, so I really get caught off-guard when I don't understand why I feel different.

Of course, it could be the PMS fairy.

Comments (16)