SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20023316

Update on lost dog.

User
13 years ago

We took her to the vet to see if she had been microchipped. Nada, no microchip to be found. Vet feels she is probably a little over a year old. My hubs even ran an ad in the lost and found for her, and we had alot of calls but none that described her. We got alot of calls for small dogs missing. I had to wonder how you would loose a small dog like a Chihuahua! (Don't they fit in your pocket????) Well, there were several of that breed that people called about and some mixed small dogs that people called to see if we had found their dog. (getting off track here, sorry)

I feel like we did everything we could SO....

She is ours, with the vets blessing. Hopefully, we did the right thing by keeping her and not turning her in to the Hummane Society or Dog pound.(We did contact both the H.S. and D.P. and left a flier about the dog. No one contacted us. We tried really hard to find the owners, probably went overboard, because we wanted to keep her so bad. We are getting her her shots and a good worming. We think she is half springer spaniel because of her coat and her spots, probably the other half is heinz 57. LOL.

My husband loves her to death. When he goes out to his shop she is not far behind. He needed this dog because he had lost his dog of 13 years. (DaisyLou died of heart failure)He was still grieving after months!! when this dog showed up. This sweet dog is just so HAPPY! We named her Happy...Hap for short. (HAPPY dog who just "HAP"PENED along.)

Oh yes, I cannot forget to thank you all for the suggestions about her jumping up on us. She is getting alot better. Someone suggested a type of collar/harness to help that but when I called around to pet shops they did not have anything along that line. (I live in a small town...I think they call that a "HOLE IN THE ROAD")..lol

The best suggestion we tried was to turn our back on her and ignore her. That is working pretty good.

Comments (18)