SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scryn

scab on inside of dog's ear

scryn
17 years ago

We have two dogs and they love to play with one another. This will often involve nipping their ankles and ears. They never get hurt. I just wanted to add this because I didn't know if it was a cause of my dog's problem or not.

My one dog has scabs in his ear. His ears are up, like a fox. They do not lay down. I only notice the scabs because I will see him scratch his ear or shake his head so I will look and see them there. He had them once before and we watched them and they got better quickly and disappeared. I do not know if he is scratching because the scab is bothering him or he scratched and caused the scab. It looks like a normal scab and it is not oozing or anything.

At first I was concerned that is was contagious, however my other dog has never had this problem. So I was thinking that maybe he keeps getting cut a little while playing with the other dog?? His ears are very clean and do not smell so I don't think he has any sort of infection. We put some antibiotic cream (forgot what that is called, it is for cuts) and it seems to sooth it and he stops bothering it.

I will see if it is worse/better today and may call the vet.

I was just curious if anyone else has had this happen? Could I put some cortisone anti-itch cream on it so he leaves it alone? Also, the scabs are near where the ear meets the head, but not IN the ear (if that makes sense)

thanks,

Renee

Comments (19)