SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nutmegxo_gw

Fabrics (curtains & bedding) for the palladian blue/toile room!!

nutmegxo
12 years ago

I wanted to start a fresh thread about picking fabrics for my master bedroom in progress. I have so many darn pics posted below that you are all going to get sick of looking at it..LOL :) I have lots of pics from many different angles so that you can better visualize the awkward L shape of this room. (The large window wall still needs to be painted, as you will notice the hideous green color is still on that wall...ladder is parked in front of that wall because we are still needing to paint that wall) But once painted, that wall will be palladian blue like the rest of the room.

For those that are not familiar, this is my room..

{{gwi:1655133}}

Walls are BM Palladian Blue. Trip is BM Linen White. Toile wallpaper on wall behind bed matches palladian blue and has the toile pattern in brownish-gold color. I have been considering purchasing bedding made by Bella Notte which is super pricey but seems like excellent quality and very much ties in to the look I want for this room. The bedding comes in many colors and is "made to order" which leaves room for endless choices which means I go crazy trying to make decisions LOL :) I have a few swatches of Bella Notte colors in pics below. What I am trying to figure out is what color should curtains be, and also colors for the bedding.

I honestly had my heart set on going with the Champagne and Ginger colors for my bedding (was thinking Ginger duvet folded at bottom of bed, Ginger shams at top of bed, and Champagne dust ruffle & coverlet.) There is also a lovely Seaglass color that I plan on using for a throw pillow on the bed but I did not post pics of that here. I do not really want to purchase Bella Notte curtains because the $$$ is outrageous. That Champagne color is very easy to match to much cheaper curtains from other stores...Country Curtains, JC Penney, LinenSource, etc. My plan was to have creamy country french type curtains hung a few inches above the window without a valance in between. For example there is a pretty Dotted Swiss curtain from Country Curtains that I absolutely LOVE. I also want to say up front that I do NOT like the Fawn color (the darker fabric swatch). I feel like it is too dark for the look I am going for and also does not look nice with my dark furniture.

What I fear is that the Champagne will not work in this room. When I was originally making decisions on wallpaper choice, some posters on here warned me that I would have to choose bedding/curtains that would balance out the brown/gold pattern in the paper. So I now face that dilemma..balancing everything out..and since the room is L shaped, I need to make sure I balance things out all the way over by that big window where the ladder is right now. So I will shut up now and let you look at the pics!!! :)

{{gwi:1655134}}

{{gwi:1655135}}

{{gwi:1655136}}

{{gwi:1655137}}

{{gwi:1655138}}

{{gwi:1655139}}

{{gwi:1655140}}

{{gwi:1655141}}

{{gwi:1655142}}

Here is an ivory colored pillowcase I draped at the top of the window to get a feel for what Champagne might look like.

{{gwi:1655143}}

Please don't hate me for all the pics...I just wanted to give a clear visual of all the angles in this room. Oh and the carpet is here for now, but maybe in a year or so we will put in hardwood.

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida