SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momof3kids_pa

Want to see my Lakehouse remodel (including kitchen)?!

momof3kids_pa
14 years ago

We bought this place last May. We've wanted a house at this lake for the longest time and this place is right next door to my brother who lives there (super bonus!)

Don't be horrified because the place is a little rough. But it was a double lot, lake front property, great location, again next door to my brother - which as a second home we are not there for nearly 9 months of the year, so to have him keep an eye on it etc, is great.

We did this renovation in 2 weekends and on an EXTREMELY tight budget! Aside from the $$$ of buying a second home we also need to buy all the fun stuff for it - boat etc, so the goal for the house itself was just to get it clean and liveable. ((And you never know, we may decide to move there permanently which we'd tear down and rebuild)) so just cost was the #1 factor all around.

We did all the work ourselves, with the wonderful help of friends and family. Ikea is my new best friend. I would never have attempted to do the kitchen if I hadn't been so familiar with Ikea - having done my primary home kitchen with Ikea. However, this time around was the cheapest style cabinets and the cheap laminate. although the island was the butcherblock. but again, the highlight of this home is outside on the water, not in the house.

Oh, and ignore that we still don't have the closet doors on, I kinda got used to them being off and liked it! maybe this year...

Here is a link that might be useful: Lakehouse

Comments (27)