SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
t_bred

Bittersweet day

t_bred
16 years ago

I am by no means a cat person, but today I realeased my first t.n.r. ever. I have several ferals that have been around my house for the past 6 months or so. One of the cats we came to name Jade was always pregnant, she would disappear for a few days and have her kittens. I know the kittens never lived as she was here all the time. 3 weeks ago I decided enough was enough, did a lot of research and enlisted a great group of knowlegable people and caught her.Unfortunately, she was very pregnant and had the kittens in a dog crate less than 24 hours later.She had no idea how to raise kittens and would not feed them. I brought them in the house, bought some KMR and tried to feed them through the night. The next morning I brought them to the vet. None of them lived:( I had Jade spayed 10 days ago and released her today. I was so sad to see her go!! It seems like we have been through a lifetime in the past few weeks!!! She actually came back tonight when I called her for dinner! I hope I did the right thing letting her go, I will always worry about her out in the cold. Thanks for listening to my story I am kind of sad but happy tonight. :( :)

Comments (2)