SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anniedeighnaugh

Day of reflection and gratefulness

Annie Deighnaugh
8 years ago

It's an emotional day for me, as today I turn 60.

Part of me is agog in fear and dread having to yet again face into that concrete reminder that the clock only turns one way, that inexorable decline into deteriorating health and loss of vigor that eventually leads to illness and death. The only alternative to which is a sudden death that cuts one's life too short.

Part of me is filled with gratefulness. Grateful at the life I've been able to lead, at the magical people who have so enhanced my experience on this earth and have encouraged and led me to do more than I ever thought I could. Thankful for all the ways that my life has been blessed, thankful that I was born when I was, of people who chose to live where they did and be who they were. Even things like making friends here on GW...who would've imagined! So amazed and appreciative of all the happy accidents that have led to life long love and friendships and so many good fortunes in so many countless ways.

Part of me is filled with deep sadness that so many who were here to share this day with me in the past are no longer here. It always reawakens the deepest grief for those I've lost whom I've loved best. And yet happy for the times we've shared, knowing they would be with me now if they could, and glad to have a world of wonderful loving memories to look back on and cherish.

Thank you for allowing me to share my time and thoughts with all of you as, what is simply another day in the life, opens the door to a deeper reflection.

Comments (52)