SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arleneb

OT Reflection . . .

arleneb
15 years ago

Our local food pantry is having a rough time because so many people are needing help. They're having a special drive this week, hoping to restock. I imagine that's the case in other communities, as well.

For many months, my focus has been on house plans, packing and moving, digging and moving 150 hostas, squishing into a tiny apartment because of all the construction problems, trying to make all the thousand selections for the house, trying to find my way around a large urban area after 32 years in a small town . . . you get the picture. In other words, my focus has been pretty much on me.

The food pantry situation brought me up short. I realized how fortunate I am to be having all these "difficulties." In response, I had a wonderful time browsing through the grocery store today for the pantry -- thrilled to find several "buy 1 get 1 free" things!

I'm not looking for a pat on the back, just feeling enormously grateful that I'm able to purchase and donate food rather than having to ask for it.

Does your community pantry need help?

Arlene

Comment (1)