SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sigma99

Water Softener Help Needed

sigma99
10 years ago

Hi, I have done some research and have conflicting information from different sources. I need to purchase a water softener for my home. My needs are as follows:

-3 people right now, with another soon which will grow into a family of four

-custom main his/her shower with body sprays which can pull 15gpm or so in total, which needs to not lose much water pressure

-water hardness is listed by the city at 8-9GPG, but says to use 10-12GPG as a conservative estimate

The issue appears to be my relatively low water consumption (most places put me between 30k and 40k grain capacity needed) with the high requirement of flow rate. I have been recommended the Fleck 7000sxt in 64k grain or the Softpro Elite in 48k or 64k (which has a Fleck 6700 smart meter and a vortech tank) grain by Quality Water Treatment, and the Fleck 7000sxt in 80k grain by OPWC. I am competent and will be doing self install, so I will be purchasing online. The company that sent me the 80k grain recommendation also recommended I set the meter for 3000 gallons which they said with 4 people would recharge every 9-10 days. Quality Water Treatment said that with an 80k tank I would likely have bridging issues but OPWC said that anything less than 80k I would probably have flow problems. Any advice? I appreciate your time!

This post was edited by sigma99 on Tue, Aug 13, 13 at 2:46

Comments (7)