SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lhayes1976

Cast Iron--Pretty to look at, but???

Lisa Hayes
14 years ago

I finally made it to our Aldi's and to my amazement they still had all the cast iron pieces available. I bought myself a round 5 qt and the DD and DIL an oval to start their collection. So I now have a blue oval and red round. I had the braiser in my cart, but put it back. I still hear it calling my name, so I will probably go back tomorrow and get it. I just love the look and feel of these cookers, but I want to actually use them.

Since so many of you all have these, do you use them frequently? What are your favorite recipes to use?

I also scored a few clearanced cookbooks at Marshall's today--Spanish Cooking, Irish Pub Cooking, One Pot Cooking and Chinese Recipes. I love $4.00 hardcover cookbooks!! All but the Chinese seem to have some great recipes that would lend themself to my new red pots!

I know what started all this--darn Rachel Ray. Feeling a little under the weather today so I vegged out on the couch and watched the Food channel all morning. She made some kind of slow cooked Spanish stew in her enourmous cast iron pot.

Bring on the cold nights of winter--I'm ready for some stews, soups, and breads!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH