SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eliza_824

Gold/chocolate brown/tan theme-- need help, please

eliza_824
15 years ago

Our new home will have a mostly open floor plan (there is a small wall dividing part of kitchen from family room, although sink area and bar will be open to family room, if that makes sense). I really want to use a chocolatey-brown in the kitchen to go with our creamy white cabinets, but would that be too dark to do in the family room, too?? The family room and breakfast area are adjoining-- only separated by the back patio door. The bkfst area is set back a little farther than the main family room wall.

The dining room will be right off the entryway, only separated by an arch-- I was thinking of doing that in a golden-tan. And there is a "niche" directly in front of you when you walk in the front door. What if I did the chocolatey-brown in both the kitchen and in the niche to balance the colors?

I hope I'm making sense. Are three colors too many colors to use for the main living area/entryway/dining room? Or should I just stick with two? Would using a golden tan, a chocolatey-brown and a lighter brown (khaki) look okay?

Any help with this would be great!

Comments (4)