SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
darrah

Dishwashers

darrah
11 years ago

I know I could post this on appliance forum but this is my go-to-place for anything pertaining to kitchens.

We are getting ready to do a complete kitchen reno. When I was in our appliance store and opened one of their dishwashers and bent over to mimic loading it my back began to hurt immediately from how low the dishwasher was to the floor. I cannot be the only one who has this problem and yet I have never seen this issue addressed on either this forum or appliance forum. I am short - under five feet. How in the world do people of average height or taller deal with this back breaking appliance? It didn't matter which brand I looked at they were all that way - built low to the floor.

The salesman showed me a "dish drawer" but I did not like the configuration and you are still stooping low if you have company and have to fill the lower drawer.

So my only answer is to go with a standard dishwasher like my old one. I was hoping for a better interior layout which some of the new ones had, but not at the price of creating back pain.

Just for the record I am 67 and load my own groceries and stack firewood so am definitely not a weakling. Tell me I'm not alone in this complaint - misery loves company.

Comments (10)