SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michellehanna28

water filtration/water softening for well water

michellehanna28
9 years ago

Hello there -
My husband and I moved into a new to us home in January and have been struggling with our well water since we moved in. We've had several water analysis done- one from kinetico and one from culligan. Nothing overly alarming- a little hardness, iron, and manganese. Both companies recommended their top of the line systems to service our water. We currently have a dupont heavy duty whole house system (the kind you can get for like $30 on Amazon) and we are changing the filter about every two weeks (lots of rusty colored sediment). The water does develop an odor also when the filter needs changed. We are not sure what to do. My husband's dad is a contractor and we could probably do something diy. I hate to spend $5000 on the kinetico system if there are equally as good of options out there. We just don't know enough about the market to feel we can make a good decision. Also, do we need just a better filtration system (like a 3 stage or 5 stage) or do we also need the softener? Thank you all for any help you can give.

Comments (6)