SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msafirstein

Ooey, Gooey and Outrageously Decadent!

16 years ago

I ventured into candy making today. I had fun, well sort of had fun. Dipping the marshmallows in boiling chocolate is nerve-racking to say the least. But I managed without burning myself or making too big of a mess in my kitchen!

I caught the end of Iron Chef last week and one of the desserts was candied marshmallows and the judges seemed very pleased with it. So I decided to make some homemade marshmallows which was so much fun and so easy. Then of course I had to take it a few steps further and dip each one in Semi-Sweet Chocolate or White Chocolate. Then I decided to tart them up a bit with confections, nuts, red hots and even mini M&Ms. Then it starting getting out of control with chocolate swirls and then I decided to take them completely over the top and added some large, gold dragees!!

My carpenter was here building our living room fireplace mantle and surround and of course he gets a few of anything I am making. He said came into my kitchen and said "Forget the TV cooking show, just film here!" Such a sweet comment and one I will not forget.

IÂm not sure I will do candy making again. It was fun but I prefer my cookies, bread and cake. I just canÂt seem to get too far away from an ovenÂLOL!! However, I am going to make some chocolate covered apricots and soon too!

Michelle

Comments (38)