SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joyce_6333

My sweet little Mandy is gone

joyce_6333
14 years ago

We've had a pair of Peke's (litter mates) for over 13 years, and yesterday we had to have one of them put down. Both were absolutely the sweetest little girls, and brought us so much joy!! They were never apart, except on those occasions when one would be at the vet over night. When I would bathe one of them, the other one would sit by my feet and cry. Mandy has had health problems since a puppy.....major back surgery at 6 months, broken legs, some paralysis in the back, etc....and recently was going downhill. Most recently, she developed an ulcer in her eye, and this past weekend the eye ruptured. Horrible thing! She has been unable to do stairs for a long time, and the past two weeks hasn't been able to walk much at all. Hard decision, but we finally decided to put her at rest. We know we made the right decision, but goodness, we do miss her.

Now the other Peke is mourning awfully. She stands in the hallway just staring, and crying. Won't go outside, just lays in her bed, or stands looking down the hallway waiting for Mandy. We've been giving her lots of love and affection, but obviously is missing her sister. Has anyone else gone through this. DH thinks a puppy would help, but I don't think I want to get another dog right now. Any suggestions?

Comments (12)