SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
davecoop1

Water softener/conditioner selection culligan vs. kinetico vs eco

davecoop1
16 years ago

I just purchased a new house with well water. The previous owned had the old water softener removed because it was leased. I had four suppliers test the water and make a recommendation

Culligan measured the clear iron at 10 ppm and the hardness at 30 grains per gallon and the oxidized iron at .5 ppm

The recommendation was a Medallist 60000 water softener at $2000

Kinetico measure the clear iron at 10 ppm the total iron at 11ppm and the hardness at 20 gpg

The recommendation was a Mach 2100s at $3295

Ecowater or Servisoft  measure the iron at 7ppm and the hardness at 20gpg

The recommendation was a Ecowater 3500 R30 at $2349

The last supplier was a company called OmegaWater Treatment. He measured the iron at 7.5 ppm and the hardness at 11-12gpg. He suggested that no one piece of equipment (i.e. softener) was able to take out all this iron and hardness. He suggested an air injection iron and sulfur filter and a demand regeneration water conditioner but his price was only $2100 for both

Can anyone comment on all these suggestions? With 7plus ppm of dissolved iron can a traditional ion exchange softener remove all this iron? If so will I use a Âpile of salt each month? Will the water then have a significant sodium content making it bad to drink? Has anyone ever heard of Omega Water Treatment in Cortland Ohio?

Thanks to anyone for any help

Comments (3)