SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisa6801

propane $2.35 electricity 12 cents

lisa6801
14 years ago

Looking at tankless vice electric and now electric HPWH. I was recommended for my house size 2 Rinnai 9800 series. That is over $4,000. With propane at $2.35 and a small family 3 within a year going to 2. I am now thinking two electric water heaters to support my needs vice propane tankless. I am splitting support for each side of the house main level and lower levels. One to support 3 full baths (and steam shower) the other to support 1 full bath laundry, kitchen and two laundry sinks (garage and mud room) and summer kitchen downstairs. Only one kitchen would be used at a time. Or run just cold line to the main kitchen laundry, mud room garage and do a flash heater to support just those. We don't laundry with hot water very often and unless we are cleaning stuff the laundry sinks will not use hot water often either. We do dish washing every day though. We are installing a heat pump and now I am interested in the aspects of using it as a source for heat for my residential water heaters. We are still leaning on dual fuel HP because out in the country we lose power more than built up areas but again with the cost difference in fuel may go straight electric. That is what we have now for a 1200sq ft place. New house 4500 sq ft. Comments

Comments (4)