SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
just_imagine

Grieving advice

just_imagine
11 years ago

Thank you, all, for your kind words and sympathy. They have helped more than you can imagine. I apologize for not posting sooner but we've been crazy here in NE Ohio with "Sandy" blowing through knocking down hundreds of trees and causing thousands of power outages. The community center where I work has become a "welcome center" to those without power and we have been very, very busy, to say the least.

Being busy has helped, however, and given me something to focus on other than losing Max. But then, when it's time to go home....reality sets in and the grief returns with a vengeance. Right now, going home is the hardest thing to do - when the joy of your life is no longer there to greet you at the door.

cat mom: thank you for your kind words. So sorry to hear about your cat's health issue. You'll be in my thoughts.

vicki7 and jomuir: yes, you're so right - I DO wish it could have been different for Max. He was still a 'young' dog, in the prime of his life.

lily316: yes, I, too, hope someday there might be another little schnauzer in our life. We're good dog parents with a lot of love yet to give.

ninapearl: thank you so much for posting the grieving links part 1 and part 2. Have started reading the posts (can't believe how many there are!) and can relate to so much of what is being said. Have printed out pages of the posts to read when I have the chance. The OP has a wonderful way with words that is very comforting. Thanks, again, for pointing me in this direction. I'll be visiting the site often. (P.S. Love your pigs!)

petra and shellm: so sorry for your losses. Thank you for posting.

airforceguy: thank you for such comforting thoughts. I do hope, in time, another 4-legged, furry friend will join our family for his share of love and attention.

Comments (10)