SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
acla_gw

Update on LR & Need Help W/ Kitchen

acla
16 years ago

Hi everybody! You were all so gracious to help me with ideas for my living room so I wanted to give you an update on what I've done so far. I know that I need to add more accessories, but this is just a start :) I've painted around the fireplace, added artwork to the mantel and large wall, and had my bench upholstered. Here are the pictures.

I realize the artwork below looks like it is hung too high, but it doesn't look too high in real life.

And here is the opening between my living room and kitchen.

I've started thinking about what to do with my kitchen. Here are some pictures of it.

First, I need to figure out what color to paint the walls. Should I use the same color that is in the living room? I like the color in the living room but don't love it. I saw a paint color in my parents house that I liked, so I just had it matched. I regret it now because it doesn't look the same in my house and it's a custom color so it's not something people are familiar with. But, I think the color is okay and it might just be simpler to carry it into the kitchen. What do you all think?

Also, the cabinets are dated but the cabinet ends aren't real wood so they can't be stained. Should I paint them white or leave as is? The counter tops are white and will have to stay that way for a while and I know what cabinets and white counter tops are not ideal. So leave the cabinets or paint them white?

Here is a picture of the tile from my master bath. The same tile will be put in the kitchen.

I would appreciate any help. Thank you so much!

Comments (15)