SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beanthere_dunthat

Foundling pans

beanthere_dunthat
14 years ago

This afternoon I dug around in some of the pans my MIL left to see if she just happened to have had small tart pans. Didn't find any of those (although I did find a full-size one), but I did find a pair of small brioche pans and pan that makes four small loaves and is made of clay. At least I think it's clay. It feels a little rougher than clay and is sand-colored instead of smooth and red like terra-cotta.

I am strictly a metal pan gal, so I have questions.

1. Do you heat the clay pan first? (That seems like an accident waiting to happen.) And how do you keep things from sticking since the surface doesn't exactly lend itself to oil/flour.

2. The brioche pans appear to be non-stick. But she's done something in them that left them coated in a very sticky film. Anyone know any tricks for getting sticky good off pans without destroying them or spending hours upon hours doing it? Bear in mind she probably hasn't used these pans since 2004, maybe longer than that.

If I keep digging around, there's no telling what I'll find.

Meanwhile, I'm going to use the muffin tin for the butter tarts. Cross your fingers that I can get them out ok!

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths