SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ivalyr

Cat won't eat

Ivalyr
10 years ago

I'm sorry if I missed a post about this, but I did browse through a few other similar posts before making this post.

So I just recently brought home a stray kitten. Probably 6-7 months old. I've been feeding it and the rest of the litter since they were old enough to eat solid foods. I just recently started feeding them tuna, and two of them were trusting enough to eat from my hands and even let me pet them. I decided to bring one of them home, so I grabbed it up and put it in a pet carrier and brought it home.

Since I've brought it home, however, it refuses to eat, drink, or do just about anything. As far as I'm aware, it hasn't even urinated or had a bowel movement in the last 48 hours (the time it's been since I've brought it home). It just huddles up in any corner its given and sits there. Despite being a feral cat, it doesn't try to run or escape people when it's being held.

I realize part of the issue is that the cat is freaked out, and I'm likely going to be taking it to the vet sometime in the next 2-3 days, depending on when I can get an appointment, but does anyone have any advice for the time between now and then? I'm really worried about her.

Anything helps, from advice on getting her to eat and drink, to getting her used to using a litter box, to getting her to open up a bit.

Comments (5)