SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ashlee_mariemusic

My cat won't eat

Ashlee-MarieMusic
10 years ago

Hey guys, I'm new to this page and I found it while searching for answers about why my cat won't eat. It's been a little over a week now since my 10 year old cat has just stopped eating completely and hardly drinking. I know he's up there in age but the fact that it just happened over night basically concerns me. He used to be a big cat weighing in around 30-40 pounds... now he's half that. All he does is sleep ALL day... maybe uses the litter box once every couple days (#1 not #2) and I have to wake him up and set him in front of his water bowl to drink. And the other day I picked up a can of tuna and he has been nibbling on that every 6 hours or so. I have also caught him eating his kitty litter. Like I said, I know he's old and him losing a few pounds probably isn't such a bad thing, but i'm just worried something else is wrong with him. I've tried taking him to the vet but I don't have the $500 they want up front so I'm left here feeling like a bad animal parent because my cat is sick and I am doing what I can to take care of him. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know!!!

Comments (9)