SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindac_gw

The trouble with living alone...

lindac
15 years ago

Is lack of variety in food.

I am reading about all those wonderful things you are making....and I am facing beef stew....for the 3rd night in a row.

Friends called and asked me to go out with them, but I really want to get a little more christmas stuff out.

I had friends for dinner Thursday night....she had had surgery 3 days before, laproscopic hysterectomy, so she was not as bad as it might have been.

And I made a wonderful beef stew...lots of red wine, cut up my own chuck, caramelized onions etc etc....very yummy...

But, dammit I would like to pull some shrimp out of the freezer and cook it up with a bit of onion and green and red peppers and pop it on some rice and call it a meal...

But then there's that stew....

Sigh.

Last week it was a marinara sauce to die for...started out as chicken parm and morphed into spaghetti and beef on pasta and just plain sauce on pasta and I froze the last cup of the stuff....

Oh and I also have a good 4 cups of home made cream of mushroom soup...made it for company last week....made too much...

Am I the only one who lives alone? And eats the leftovers of all the company meals?

Linda C

Comments (20)