SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
buehl

Please don't start new threads until GW problem is resolved

Buehl
15 years ago

As was suggested in the "4 pages" thread, I'm starting this thread to ask everyone to hold off starting a new thread until we find out what's going on with the Forum and how it will be fixed.

With only 4 pages to work with, that means we only have threads that have been posted to since Sunday. So this means that each new thread started will knock a very current thread off the list.

One GWer did find that if you search for a thread that's not on these 4 pages but would normally be on one of the other 63 pages you can retrieve it...so threads do not appear to be completely lost... Even so, if a thread isn't on the list it won't be getting many posts (if any at all) to it responding to requests for help or information.

We did get a response from a GW person (BWTamara) saying they were looking into it. She mentioned that they do take backups nightly. As one GWer pointed out, if they have to restore the threads from backups, then we may lose any new threads or new posts since Sunday night when the last full backup was probably taken.

So, for the next day or so until iVillage figures out what's going on & how to fix it, some of us are proposing we limit our new threads to emergencies and recommending that if you have anything you want to save that you do it now!

BTW...some older threads may have also disappeared, so I recommend that you save any threads you want to save, regardless of when it was started or last posted to (even those from late 2007)...and the sooner the better! (I know, a daunting task...at least for me!)

Good luck to all of us! :-)

Comments (35)