SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

Almost got attacked at the dog park

toomuchglass
17 years ago

I was walking with Poppie - along comes this guy with a mastiff. He was a very nice guy - had his little son with him - we chatted a bit ... then Poppie started to run around . His dog couldn't resist chasing my 25 pound Poppie. My poor Pops was screaming bloody murder - running - then the Mastiff started to growl and lunge at her . Just before they came nose to nose - the dog's owner tackled this huge dog and I bent over to swoop up Pops and we collided - I was knocked on my butt. I hit my head on the guy's shoulder -

(I saw stars) but everything was okay. All I cared about was getting Pops in my arms. I can't help but think what "might have been" . He apologized profusley and we both went away with no hard feelings. I Can't help but think of the legalities of unleashed dogs in that kind of setting . Would you know ? or have an opinion ?

I've seen a couple of dog fights - It's mostly horrific noise and jumping on each other -- ( I'm sure no one was hurt ) but the owners were right there to break it up &

grab their dog. What do you think ?

Comments (6)