SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kittens_gw

Is anyone contemplating a cat adoption soon?

kittens
13 years ago

I regularly read the Bengal Rescue activity and today they posted a plea for help (with permission to cross-post). I don't normally see posts for help but apparently there has been an influx of surrenders and the foster homes they have established are full. This is a group that works very hard, dedicating many hours to saving and re-homing this breed. One of their activities is to pull the Bengals surrendered to shelters and they are not in a position to do this is all areas. Of course, each and every shelter cat should find a home, but if you have been contemplating this particular breed, now would be a really good time :) :) I have 2 and I can tell you, they are really characters!! They are not only looking for adopters but foster homes as well. I'm not affiliated with the organization at all but you are welcome to email me with your state and I'd be glad to have a coordinator be in touch with you (with photos and such). My email is open if you click on "my page". If you have a friend considering this breed, I'd appreciate you forwarding the information over. I'd much rather see a rescue find a home than a back-yard breeder supported.

Our shelters and rescues are overflowing in my area (Upstate NY) with all types of dogs, cats and kittens being surrendered. The craigslist postings with owners looking for homes for their pets are non-stop. I sure hope our economy turns around soon. Many of the ads I'm seeing are due to families having to either relocate (to non-pet friendly apartments) or merging families together to save on rent/housing. Is it the same all over in your areas?

Comments (3)