SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shaun_gw

Adopting a Kitten or NOT

shaun
15 years ago

Yesterday I stopped in at our local Animal Care and Control Center and looked at the kittens. There was this one little guy who was so cute and affectionate and I really wanted to adopt him. So I went out and took a number (like the deli) to have an assistant come in and unlock the cage so I could hold him.

I went back into the room where the kiten was and was standing at his cage sticking my finger in and he was rubbing against it, when this woman came in with her key. I said, "Oh you're going to open this up so I can hold this little guy?" She said, "No he's leaving - he's been adopted".

Long story short, the person who "adopted" him was a man from another pet shelter who adopted this kitty for $20 and was taking it to Petco and would sell it for more money. That's how he keeps his business going, I understand that. I know he makes money to feed/house all the pets he has from donations and adoptions.

But my question is this. Why wouldnt he pick a different kitten out to take and sell at Petco and let ME adopt this particular kitten? This way, this kitten would have had a home yesterday. Now it has to go to another location and hopefully someone will adopt him. But this man refused, saying it was already done.

I'm so disappointed - this was the cutest little kitty and I've been looking for one just like him.

I know we've got some pet people in here, do you guys think it would have been so hard to swap kittens? He could just take a different one and let me adopt that one.

Is there some mysterious routine with pet shelters that I'm not understanding? I mean it's all computerized..... how easy would it have been to hit "delete" and hook him up with another cat to sell?

It's not like he Loved this cat, he was taking it to sell it/adopt it out.

The place I was at was having a Fall Special, adopt a cat for $20 and that included spaying. Huge deal.

He told me if I wanted the cat I could go to Petco and adopt it later that afternoon. I said, "but Petco will charge something like $50, right?" He said, "No, more."

Do you think if he wanted to, he could have let me take this kitten and he pick another one? Or was he just being a butt?

Comments (39)

• User
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Oh Shaun, I'm sorry that you didn't get to adopt that kitten.

I am having a hard time understanding why the Animal Shelter would allow this type of thing. I can't believe that they sell pets knowing that they are going to be sold again in a pet store. I thought that they were against that kind of thing. I don't know anyone that would buy a kitten or puppy from a Pet store. Sounds fishy to me. Maybe you should bring this to the attention of the local newspaper.

Ann

• pkramer60
    15 years ago

Ann, we have people that do the same here, but note that Petco does not sell pets, only supplies. This man is doing this as a private adoption service with Petco or Petsmart hosting the "event".

My Dilly was first in a shelter that puts them down after two weeks, but he was taken out by another group that fosters and holds adoption fairs at pet centers and other locations. Yes, the fee was higher and he was adopted quickly but many other animals stay for mnths and have medical bills that need to be paid. By charging more, they raise money for those costs. I found Dilly by thier listing on Petfinder.com.

My Bear cat came from a no kill group at Petsmart, also more $ than the local pound, but he was cared for over several weeks.

Shaun, sorry you didn't get that kitten, but I bet if you go back in a few days there will be others that need your love.

• centralcacyclist
    15 years ago

Too bad you aren't close to me, I have knowledge of 6 sweet kittens that will likely all go to the animal shelter soon with slim hopes of placement. :( See my too many cats thread.

So far I have the commitment of the family to gather up and spay the four females. The kittens need medical care and homes.

• shaun
    Original Author
    15 years ago

PKramer is exactly right.

I just wonder though, why wouldn't he let me adopt that particular kitten and he take a different one? Then this kitten would have had a home right then and there. Any ideas?

• centralcacyclist
    15 years ago

Shaun, I think your assessment of him was accurate the first time, he is a butt. Who knows why people dig their heels in over this kind of thing. It makes no sense. In my experience sometimes the people who get deeply involved in caring for animals have poor social skills when dealing with fellow humans.

• arabellamiller
    15 years ago

He was banking on you having fallen in love with the kitten and showing up later to adopt it for big $$.

He's an a$$.

I agree with Peppi, go back in a few days. There will be other sweet, loving kittens for you.

AM

• sally2_gw
    15 years ago

Here's a possible explanation for this man taking the kitten without letting you adopt him from Animal Control. I volunteer for one of the groups that has an adoption center at our local Petsmart. They occasionally rescue kittens and cats from death row at Animal Control. Neither Petsmart nor Petco sells cats or dogs, but they provide space to rescue groups that strive to find good homes for the cats and dogs they rescue. The money that is paid for these animals goes to cover the expense of having them spayed or neutered, de-wormed, vaccinated, tested for chronic diseases, and any other medical care they need, and most stray cats and dogs taken in by Animal Control need at least some medical care.

Rescue groups insist, and I mean INSIST that the pets they adopt out are spayed or neutered. If the kitten you wanted to adopt had not been spayed or neutered yet, it soon will be, as some groups do that to kittens as small as 2 pounds, simply to make sure it's done. They will not adopt out a kitten that has not been spayed or neutered.

Also, rescue groups will make the people hoping to adopt fill out an application in order to determine not only if they are capable of providing a good home, but also to make sure which pet would best fit their lifestyle. The goal is to provide as good a home as possible to the cat or dog, so that it doesn't end up back at the pound or out on the street fending for itself again.

My guess is that all of this was on the mind of the man that picked up this kitten right out from under you. I recommend that you go to that Petco and see about adopting that kitten through the rescue group. The fee you pay will seem high, but when you find out how much it would cost to get the kitten spayed, wormed, tested and vaccinated, you'll be out more money than what the rescue group will "charge" for the kitten. There is no such thing as a free kitten. Please go to that Petco and see about adopting that kitten you wanted. Please give yourself and that kitten the favor of becoming lifetime companions, if that's what's right for you. Don't let your anger at the rescue group hinder what could be a great fit for you and that kitten.

Sally

• shaun
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sally thanks for your input as well.

The price for adopting this kitten at Animal Control was $20 which included surgery/neutering. That makes it hard for me to go to Petco and pay a higher price when I could have gotten him for $20. You understand what I'm saying? It's the prinicpal for me at this point.

Besides,I think I irritated the President of this rescue center that adopted him and he told me that he didnt have a completed application from me and if he did he wouldn't approve it since I took my anger out on his volunteer.

When he wrote that, I could have fallen over! No one was angry at all. I was disappointed and confused but not angry. I was even kidding with the volunteer saying, Oh he wants ME!.. you know? My friend was with me and she was so astonished that he said there was anger directed towards his volunteer. I told him he was seriously misinformed that no one was angry at all!

But I'm probably blackballed now.

I'm still not angry at the rescue group. I'm only confused as to why this man would not just take a different cat and let me give that kitten I wanted a good home. What did it matter to him? A kitten is a kitten as far as money goes to him. He didn't feel all warm and fuzzy over that particular kitten it was $$$ to him. But I did feel all warm and fuzzy over it.

Now I wont give that rescue place a cent. They say it's all about the animals but seeing how they acted, it's clear to me that this place is all about the money.

And I understand that they make their money on donations and adoptions bla bla bla but they would not have lost a single penney on this deal. All they had to do was take the kitten in the next cage who was also adoptable.

The thing is, I'm not sure what all is involved in the process of adopting an animal, you know, how hard it'd be to change the animal. Maybe there's more to it than I'm aware of. Maybe they couldn't just hit "delete".

This is what I came her for, to see if there was some huge deal in changing the records to remove one cat and put on another.

Am I making any sense??? I'm blabbering.......

• pkramer60
    15 years ago

Shaun, blabb away, but I bet that kitten had a high "cute" factor and he knows he can make some money. You had the warm and fuzzies, right?

having done rescue and placement myself with my Skye Terriers, the folks at pet shop events are easy! I was very tough, asking for references, and calling on them, photos of the home and garden, etc. The last thing we want is a "recycle".

• shaun
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yes Peppi he was adorable! You know my kitty boy Bobo passed away 3 yrs ago and I've been looking for a kitty similar to him. This is the first one I've seen that I "felt that way" about.

What a shame I was too late to adopt him.

But you know what? Maybe all this happened for a reason. Maybe this kitty would have gotten an illness that would have cost me thousands of dollars. Ya never know. Maybe this just isn't meant to be right now.

I'm going to keep looking.

This was my boy Bobo

• sally2_gw
    15 years ago

Shaun, I think you are making complete sense, and I wish I had an answer for you. I've never been in on the "pound kitty" rescues that the group I volunteer for does, so I don't know what the procedure is. I do know that the people at Animal Control call them when they think they have one that's adoptable, and they do their best to get over there before the cat is euthanized. The Animal Control office in Garland, where I live, is very quick to euthanize.

I can't explain why that group was so, well, I don't know the right word for it, unreasonable? about you taking that particular kitten. I think it was unreasonable of them to be that way. Maybe that volunteer was in a bad mood or having a bad day, or totally misread your disappointment as anger. Who knows? I'm very sorry you were unable to adopt the kitty you fell in love with. There are sooooo many homeless cats and kittens out there, I'm sure you'll find the right one sooner or later.

Sally

• jessyf
    15 years ago

!*@&%$@(#&!!!!! [expletives]

• readinglady
    15 years ago

That's a beautiful picture of Bobo. He looks chockfull of personality (purrsonality)?

Having lost my 22-year-old and 20-year-old kitties last spring I can understand how disappointing it must have been to find that just-perfect kitten and not get to take him home.

What I don't understand is if that little guy was already reserved or going somewhere else, they even showed him to you? Shouldn't at least a "Hold" or other notification have been posted? And if that kitten wasn't on Hold, shouldn't it be first-come first-served as long as the adoption critera are met?

I'm just sorry and I hope that little guy does go to a loving family.

Carol

• shaun
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Especially Jessy's kind words. hahahahah!!!!! roflmao!!

Carol, I guess it was first-come, first-serve; the man from the other shelter said he adopted him first. I just wish they had put a sign on the cage; "Taken" or "adopted", that would have helped avoid this whole saga.

I hope someone adopts the little guy, he was so sweet and affectionate. I held him on my chest and he was such a little purr bucket.

• pkramer60
    15 years ago

Ah, Shaun, crap, at twice the price, if you fell in love, go get him! I know you love your DH and the kids, but a furball is differant. Its that unconditional, totally accepting love, meow at me and I know what you are saying thing....

If we are lucky in life, we have it once (Bobo and my Ashley) and if we are really lucky we have it again, like my Dilly and Bear. It hurts to lose them but they are out ther again. GO FOR IT!

Yeah, I am an enabler.

• shaun
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I don't think this place will let me adopt an animal, the President is upset with me for questioning his business practices/ethics. He more or less told me he wouldn't approve my application.

There will be another one, one day.From a different place.

Thanks Pepster.

• petaloid
    15 years ago

Shaun, I am so sorry that happened. Whereabouts do you live? (I have a reason for asking -- see if you can guess!)

• shaun
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Petaloid, I live in West Palm Beach, FL, why do you ask? You have kittens? hahah!!

There's a million kittens out there but I just "fell" for this particular one. Oh well....

• sally2_gw
    15 years ago

One thing I kept thinking about last night is that I hope everyone understands that rescue groups are NON profit organizations. They are not in it to make money, and as non-profits, they can't make money, and even if it were legal for them to make a profit, it's highly unlikely that would happen, considering the costs they encounter.

Something to consider also, for anyone wanting to add to their family, is please consider adopting an adult cat or dog, and look especially at black cats and dogs. (Although most rescue groups refrain from adopting out black cats in October). Adult animals and black animals are the least likely to find good homes, even though they can become the best companion.

Thanks for putting up with my soap box.

Good luck, Shaun, in finding that perfect cat for you.

Sally

• jessyf
    15 years ago

Shaun sounds to me like you caught this shelter in a bad act and their way of covering it up is to black-ball/silence you. I wonder if a bit more digging would uncover even more ethics violations. Take this to the newspaper?

• shaun
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yea, I thought about getting the local news stations involved but the bottom line is; they adopted the cat before I did. So it was theirs to do with as they wished.

If it was a family adopting it, there's no way I would have asked them to pick another one; it's the circumstances of this particular incident, ... they were putting it up for adoption anyway, they didn't want him, but I did. So I can't understand why he wouldn't let me adopt this kitten and they pick out another one.

But like Peppi said, maybe because this kitten had a high cute factor, they knew he'd go fast. But on the other hand, how fast could fast be if I was standing there ready and willing to adopt him? It's just that THEY wanted to adopt him out for more money and then they could keep their business going.

It was all about money, no matter how you slice it. I just can't see it any other way.

• fearlessem
    15 years ago

First let me say I TOTALLY agree this situation is absolutely horrible and would have pissed me off to no end...

BUT what I'm not understanding is -- Shaun, if you fell in love with this kitty, why not and go to the pet store that jerk brought him to and buy him! I know that it'll be more expensive, but even at $100, this is a cat you're going to have for what -- 10-15 years? Seems like the cost difference averaged out is really not that much to have the kitty you fell for...

I just don't think you should deny yourself the kitty of your dreams over this...

Emily

• shaun
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I just want to add that I admire these shelters with the people who volunteer out of the goodness of their hearts... I know they need donations and adoption fees to help them keep doing the good that they do for all these poor animals.

But, this isn't about that.

This is about them doing what's best for the animal since they all say they're all about the animals.

• shaun
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Emily, this shelter has my full name and phone number and the President more or less told me he would not approve my application, so I can't go to PetCo and buy this kitten now.

Believe me, I was going to do just that before his last nasty email. But he really did make it quite clear to me that he would not approve my application.

• shaun
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Just found the part of his last email where I feel he won't let me adopt the kitten....maybe I"m reading it wrong? Tell me what you think:

Although, I dont have a completed application from you, I can not say that you would have been approved by us to adopt the cat. Unfortunately, you took your anger out on a VOLUNTEER that was doing us a favor by picking up cats that were picked out by another VOLUNTEER

• loagiehoagie
    15 years ago

Why not have a family member or friend go and adopt the kitten? There are always ways to get around 'rules' LOL. Think outside of the box. Get the dang kitten! Really! But if not, there are so many cute kittens/cats that need good homes I am sure something else will work out. I am a firm believer in 'things happen for a reason'. Truly.

Good luck.

Duane

• shaun
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey Duane, I thought of that but then I remembered what happened to Ellen Degeneres.

She adopted a dog, it didn't work out so she gave it to someone else. BIG mistake. Holy cow...... it was a huge mess.

You can read the story here:

Here is a link that might be useful: Ellen

• fearlessem
    15 years ago

I'm totally confused. I thought that this guy bought the kitten from the shelter and then sold it to Petco who would then resell it. I don't see how the shelter would have anything to say about whether you purchase a cat from Petco or not...

• cotehele
    15 years ago

Shaun,

I volunteer for Golden Retriever Rescue and Community Education (GRRACE). I do temperament testing of potential dogs, foster, do home visits for potential adoptive families and transport dogs. Believe me, you will never find anyone more passionate about finding a Golden a good home than we are. The addage 'someone I wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley" applies to the GRRACE ladies when it comes to dogs, LOL.

I suspect the kitty rescue is the same. I am NOT saying you did this-I'm sure you did not. But it illustrates how a situation can go wrong when all involved have nothing but the best of intentions. I think this is what happened to you. I know it is frustrating and caused hard feelings, and they handled it poorly.

One time an acquaintance tried to adopt from GRRACE. She believed she had a good home for the dog, but was cantankerous about the application process, and lied about having a fence. She didn't have one, but said she intended to get one so she said she did. Some dogs must go to homes with a particular type of fence because of their behavior. Long story short, she and the president of GRRACE exchanged some e-mails that had a tone similar to your experience with the kitty rescue. It happens occasionally that our perceptions are wrong. In your case, I'm sure that happened.

From our point of view, though... Nearly all the dogs we take have had an extremely hard life. Many have physical illnesses or disabilities that we treat before the dogs are adopted-(read VERY EXPENSIVE). Once we agree to take a dog into the program we are responsible to be sure it goes to the right home and family. We do that by the application, visiting the home, checking references (including Vet references) and evaluating the dog interacting with the family.

It seems like a snobbish policy when folks just want to take the dog home and love it. An odd way to look at it for many folks, but we find the dog a family rather than the family finding a dog. For us it has been very successful for the dog. We have a picnic every year attended by hundreds of GRRACE dogs and their families and know the process works. The dogs are healthy, pampered, and happy. And so are the families ;)

I hope you find a kitty that is just right for your home. After 3 years, it's time :)

Judy

• petaloid
    15 years ago

Shaun, your guess was a good one, but I'm in Southern California on the other side of the country from you.

I'm helping an old lady who lives in a one-room apartment find indoor homes for 10 of her cats and kittens with people who would promise never to declaw them. A friend and a rescue group are also helping. All are tame, sweet, pretty indoor cats. We've finished the first step by getting all that were over 5 months old spayed/neutered.

My understanding with the Ellen situation is that, as is usual with rescue groups, papers were signed promising that if the adoption didn't work out that the animal would be returned to the rescue group.

Ellen may not have read what she or Portia signed very carefully - a lesson to us all. When it bothered their cats too much, she gave the dog to someone she knew wanted it, and that's where the problem arose. I can't imagine the rescue group going to the new owner's home and taking it away, though. That seemed extreme, and unkind to the dog and the two children involved.

Back to your problem, I'm sure you will find the purrfect kitty for you soon.

• shaun
    Original Author
    15 years ago

fearlessem, Petco does not sell pets or adopt pets out. They only house the animals for the shelter; putting them on display I guess, and if someone is interested, then the shelter is called and they meet up with the people who are interested in adopting the animal.

So for right now, the shelter owns the cat.

Judy thanks for your post too.

• sally2_gw
    15 years ago

You know, that rescue group does sound a bit odd to me. As I said earlier, I'm not involved with the rescuing of cats from the pound, I just clean the cages the cats live in up at the local Petsmart. So, I don't exactly know the routine of the group I volunteer for. However, I think one of the board members is called by an animal control officer when they have too many cats, (which is always) and they are about to be euthanized. or when they have one they think might be adoptable. A recent example was they had a Persian cat that was about to be euthanized. The board member went and picked the cat up. I'd be willing to bet she'd be thrilled if someone showed up to adopt the cat while she was there to pick the cat up, because she was reluctant to take the cat. The foster homes are overwhelmed. In the case of the rescue group you encountered, maybe they have one volunteer go and pick out cats, then another go pick them up, but that sounds cumbersome to me. It could be the person in authority that picks out the cats doesn't have a way to transport them, so they send someone else to pick them up, but who knows.

I suggest you meet in person with the person you've been communicating with by email. Maybe a face to face conversation would sway him over. Take your picture of your late kitty. See if they'd let you fill out an application. They may change their mind. By all means, let them know you had no intention of hurting the volunteer's feelings, or displaying anger to them, or whatever it is they felt happened, that you didn't mean for it to happen that way. Even if it didn't happen that way in your eyes, the volunteer perceived it that way. I don't think they've completely closed the door on you. It sounds like they've invited you to go ahead and fill out an application. What could it hurt? If they say no, then you'll be no worse off than you are now, but maybe they'll say yes.

Sally

• vacuumfreak
    15 years ago

Shaun... sorry that happened to you. I just know Ricky would love a little cat sister or brother! When I got Jasper at the SPCA, the adoption fee was 75 dollars, so 20 bucks is quite a deal!

I totally understand about not wanting to support this rescue group. At the same time, it's not this kitten's fault... sadly, he is the victim in this situation... people are so greedy and it isn't fair.

I guess if it doesn't work out, it's because this wasn't meant to be. Still may not hurt to try to adopt if it's available... if they say no, you're back where you are now. I would definitely expose the business practices of this rescue group to the newspaper, BBB, and even on Craig's List... I bet many people wouldn't adopt from them if they knew the truth... people are quite often more passionate about animals than they are humans (of course knowing how some people are, one can see why)!

I will assume without even checking that you didn't post this on the pets forum because of their judgemental attitudes...

• readinglady
    15 years ago

A lot of shelters are under-staffed and under-funded. They depend on volunteers who aren't always in the loop in terms of communication. However frustrating, it may just have been human error.

I keep thinking of all those poor animals out there desperate for a loving home. Shaun, I hope you find the just-right candidate because heaven knows so many wait, not understanding why they have to spend their lives in cages.

One of our best adoptees was Tank. He came to us malnourished, almost hairless, abscessed, with pellets in his back. Feral, not trusting of humans (for obvious reasons). Since he'd been on the streets for years, teaching him the "domestic arts" was not easy.

But he became one of the best cats ever, guard-kitty of my DH's shop and loyal companion.

As a previous poster mentioned, some of the primo pets are the older ones who yearn for a loving home.

Carol

• shaun
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks everyone for all the input and suggestions.

I'm sure that kitten is gone by now.... at least I hope he is. Maybe my husband and I will take a ride later on this afternoon and stop in Petco just to see if he's there. If he is, you better believe I'll be in touch w/that rescue place trying to adopt him. And, let me say, ... if he's there, shame on that shelter for not letting me take him and give him a good home a week ago!

No Bobby I didn't post this on the Pets Forum. I guess I could have but just felt more comfortable here with friends.

But I think I've gotten my answer, the guy was just being unreasonable. Why? Still remains a mystery.

• bunnyman
    15 years ago

The world is full of bullies that will use any token to stimulate themselves. You must remember them from the grade school playground? Hopefully sweet kitty was rabid and bit him! Hopefully your little friend was adopted by a teenageish girl that dotes on his every whim providing him with a happy life of luxury.

If you live near Michigan I can offer a two year old fixed female that still has her claws. I named her Favorite because that is who she aspires to be in a seven cat household. Her sister Star Trek is also people friendly and a bit bolder in personality. While friendly, sister Chrissy is shy so I'll keep her where she is comfortable. The others, Yoko, Lulu, Annie, and Jessy are fairly established as residents and have no plans to let me give them away.

WAIT... I think I found your kitten's online diary...

DAY 752 - My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while I am forced to eat dry cereal. The only thing that keeps me going is the hope of escape, and the mild satisfaction I get from shredding the occasional piece of furniture. Tomorrow I may eat another houseplant and cough it up on the carpeting.

DAY 761 - Today my attempt to kill my captors by weaving around their feet while they were walking almost succeeded, must try this at the top of the stairs. In an attempt to disgust and repulse these vile oppressors, I once again induced myself to vomit on their favourite chair...must try this on their bed (again).

DAY 762 - Slept all day so that I could annoy my captors with sleep depriving, incessant pleas for food at ungodly hours of the night.

DAY 765 - Decapitated a mouse and brought them the headless body, in attempt to make them aware of what I am capable of, and to try to strike fear into their hearts. They only cooed and condescended about what a good little cat I was...Hmmm. Not working according to plan...

DAY 768 - I am finally aware of how sadistic they are. For no good reason I was chosen for the water torture. This time however it included a burning foamy chemical called "shampoo." What sick minds could invent such a liquid. My only consolation is the piece of thumb still stuck between my teeth and the tiny bit of flesh under my claws.

DAY 771 - There was some sort of gathering of their accomplices. I was placed in solitary throughout the event. However, I could hear the noise and smell the foul odor of the glass tubes they call "beer." More importantly I overheard that my confinement was due to MY power of "allergies." Must learn what this is and how to use it to my advantage.

DAY 774 - I am convinced the other captives are flunkies and maybe snitches. The dog is routinely released and seems more than happy to return. He is obviously a half-wit. The Bird on the other hand has got to be an informant. He has mastered their frightful tongue (something akin to mole speak) and speaks with them regularly. I am certain he reports my every move. Due to his current placement in the metal room his safety is assured. But I can wait, it is only a matter of time.

: )
    lyra

• shaun
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Good one Lyra!

Stopped in Petco, kitty's gone.

The search will continue. Thanks again everyone.

• loagiehoagie
    15 years ago

Shaun, I hear you about Ellen, but she is personality under the microscope. Unless you are in a similar situation I doubt anyone would care or take notice about a pet swap. But I still think that things happen for a reason and there are a zillion kitties who need adopting. Put the experience behind you and get a kitten who you will love and vicey-versey. I also would suggest you might look for a kitty who might be a bit older...maybe a year or so...and consider adopting one about that age. They might not be 'kitten=cute" but remember...they all grow up anyway ...and these are just as good...will not climb your curtains and are already litter trained etc. Just a thought.

Duane

• sally2_gw
    15 years ago

Oh, Shaun, rats. I'm so sorry you didn't get the kitten you wanted. I know I've fallen in love with so many cats and kittens, if I could adopt them all I would, and I'd be the crazy cat lady in the neighborhood. Wait a minute, I think I already have that reputation.

I hope and I'm sure you'll find a new cat that will be your new best kitty friend.

Sally