I made this last night with half a head of cabbage I had in the fridge, and it was surprisingly yummy. I don't measure stuff, so my measurements below are guesses.
Gina's POOF cole slaw
- Half head of cabbage, shredded, tough spines removed
- 2 medium carrots, grated (I used a large Microplane)
- half a large Fuji apple, sliced into small strips or dice
- handful of golden raisins (if using black raisins I would soak them to soften up a bit)
- tsp fresh grated ginger
- tsp honey
- T olive oil
- T red wine vinegar
- tsp rice vinegar
- salt & fresh ground black pepper to taste
Toss everything together and let sit for 10-15 minutes, then toss again and serve.