SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_459360

Need a Vinegar Based Slaw Recipe, Please!

User
9 years ago

That doesn't contain much sugar. I've been looking on the internet and came up with one from Rachael Ray and one from Bon Appetit. I would also like to try any that people I know (sort of?) make and their families like.

Our choral society is singing the bluegrass mass "A World Beloved" in October, collaborating with the band Monroe Crossing that commissioned the work. Afterwards we are having a reception / meet and greet with the band for the singers and their families, our board of directors, and most generous donors. Having mentioned that one of the buffet items at our cousin's recent rehearsal dinner was a "barbecue parfait in a mason jar"---e.g. an 8 oz jar with cornbread in the bottom, pulled pork BBQ on top, slaw on top of that and a pickle to finish (I almost said finial, lol)--- I found myself on the reception committee for the event. We are going to assemble these early in the day, then take them out of the fridge just before the concert, as they as best eaten at room temp. However, that means no mayo in the slaw. Hence, the appeal for recipes.

Those of us on the committee are going to each make a batch of the best vinegar based slaw we can find and have a tasting mid September we plan to make enough of the parfaits for our Sept, board meeting, where we will give out recipes of the slaw and cornbread to everyone who volunteers to make it. We are buying the barbecue from a commercial smoker. The beverages will be sweet or unsweet tea, and we'll have cut up melon and probably brownies and pecan tarts for dessert. We're expecting about 120 people and the board is making (or buying) all the food, and we need uniformity in the components.

Any recipes? As always, thanks in advance!

Comments (23)