SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
peegee_gw

Need advice: same karastan lr rug and hw runner and more q.

peegee
13 years ago

I am buying an area rug for my living room, an need help making a decision for the adjacent hallway. I am considering a remnant piece of the same design (multicolor panel Kirman #717), which would be more than a 50 percent savings over a purchased runner in the same design. Although the remnant would include serged edges, there would of course be no border.

My hallway is 36" wide by about 10'3.

If I buy the remnant, I would consider making the runner wider-maybe 33".

When I get to the store to see the remnant this week, I will of course determine if the design looks centered. If not, I assume I will eventually buy the runner on the roll with the border. Questions:

1. Do you think the hallway runner without a border will look odd? (like I bought a remnant??) 2. would it look ok to only leave 1 and 1/2" on either side, and make the runner nearly the full hallway length? (my hardwood floors are in mint shape). 3. Is it considered old fashioned to match the hall and LR?

Don't worry about hurting my feelings; I'm curious, but will likely do it anyway, as my house is really tiny. But I'm asking also because I'm open to changing my mind! Just to give you an idea of how small my house is, the LR area rug will be only 5'9 X 9 !!!! Thanks for your ideas and feedback!!!!!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz