SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valinsv

Got a Great Deal today on CL for a couple of PB chairs

Valerie Noronha
15 years ago

About three months ago I finally decided on what kind of chairs I wanted for our newly remodeled home office. They were the schoolhouse swivel chairs from Pottery Barn in mahogany, but at $377 per chair that was way more than I could justify spending.

I was able to buy one chair on CL for $80 so kept a look out for a second one. The one chair I did have was an older version by William Sonoma that said "Oak, Walnut finish" so when I finally found two chairs for sale for $100 in the newer "Maple, mahogany" I decided to snap them both up. While the finish is almost identical to the one I had, these wheels are much quieter so I've decided to sell the older chair. It still just boggles my mind that "Oak, Walnut" looks nearly identical to "Maple, Mahogany" I think it is all just "mystery wood."

I'm still tickled that I got such a good price as last week there was a set for sale for $340 for the pair and these usually list anywhere from $125-$190 used, though I doubt anyone would actually pay $190 for a used office chair. I'm thinking of trying to sell my extra chair for $100 (perhaps list at $125) so then I would break even.

The match is amazing with my cabinets:

Next decision is whether or not to purchase new cushions from Pottery Barn or use the one I have as a template to attempt to make my own. I'm not too excited about any of the PB patterns. Here are the cushions that PB sells for these chairs: http://www.potterybarn.com/products/p342/index.cfm?pkey=cdesk-chairs

I am thinking of making some simple valances for the windows as well. Perhaps something in the Bosporous toile? Or would that look out of place in a home office?

Comments (13)