SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lvtgrdn

I scolded a couple girls today.

lvtgrdn
15 years ago

A couple weeks ago, some neighbor kids came over while I was outside, and it came out that one of them, a fourth grader, likes to catch butterflies and mount them. I told her I want to keep them alive, and I take pictures of them. I told her not to catch the butterflies in my yard.

Well, today, I went to the garden for some lettuce, and I heard a girl say to another, "I hope she's not outside." I looked up, and there was the fourth grader with a friend I haven't seen, and each had a butterfly net. I quietly walked out of the back garden, and watched them. They walked right up to my butterfly bush, and were poised, ready to try to catch butterflies! I was livid!

I quickly went to them, and said, "I am outside, and I told you not to catch butterflies from my yard!" She said they weren't going to catch them, they were just looking. I told her not to lie to me, and that she was not to be in my yard without my permission, and I would be telling her parents if she was. She said they were going to the vacant house on the other corner to catch those butterflies. I told her I didn't think she should be catching any butterflies, but if she was, it should be in her own yard.

I went to the grandson's house across the street to let him know what was going on in his grandfather's house, and his wife told me, they're just butterflies, and they are just little girls. It's not like they are robbing a bank or doing drugs. I wish I would've suggested that if they would get stung by bees disturbing what's on the bushes, her grandpa-in-law could be held responsible.

Now, I've vented. Do any of you have problems with neighbors in your yards? Mine is on a corner, so technically, I don't have much of a yard, and a lot of my plants, including the butterfly bush are on city property, so I don't even know if I have the right to tell the girl not to be there.

Sue

Comments (26)

Sponsored